Campbell Soup Company Environmental Sustainability Policy
Campbell Soup Company, a leading manufacturer of high-quality foods and beverages, has been in business for more than 140 years. Over the history of our operations, we have demonstrated our stewardship of the natural environment and the communities in which we live and work. We are strongly committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and to conducting our operations in an environmentally responsible manner.
This statement of our policy with respect to Environmental Sustainability is applicable to our businesses worldwide.
- We are committed to conserving natural resources through eco-efficient management strategies, performance metrics and continuous improvement focused in five key areas that are important to our long-term business success: energy and water use, waste generation and recycling, sustainable packaging, sustainable agriculture, and supply chain optimization.
- We recognize that climate change is a serious issue that demands attention and action from the business community. Campbell has set performance targets, and will continue to take actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from both direct and indirect business operations.
- We are committed to conducting our operations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and to engaging with industry and public stakeholders to develop responsible standards and voluntary initiatives that support this policy.
- We strive for an injury-free workplace through a strong health and safety program supported by high employee engagement. We train our employees to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- We expect our suppliers to adhere to the applicable environmental laws of the countries, regions and cities in which they operate. We encourage our suppliers to surpass baseline requirements where possible to reduce the environmental impact of their operations.
All Campbell employees are responsible for observing and advancing our Environmental Sustainability Policy. The Company's Sustainability Leadership Team has overall responsibility for overseeing the Company's environmental performance. The Sustainability Leadership Team and the Vice President – Public Affairs and Corporate Responsibility regularly report progress to and receive direction from the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors.
Campbell Soup Company will report publicly on its sustainability performance, and is committed to sharing performance and management practices with interested stakeholders to promote transparency and adoption of best known methods.